Wednesday, March 21, 2007

more tim than al

It's a little after 6 a.m.

I've been up since 5, getting ready for work, as is my usual routine. What isn't usual is I had to go to the basement to do my shave and other business as yesterday I ripped apart our main floor bathroom in preparation for a tile contractor coming in today to lay some flooring. As I'm in the basement bathroom doing my thing, all of a sudden I hear:

Drip...........drip..........drip.

I glance up towards one corner and see that the paint is bubbling and peeling. Freakin' water is leaking from upstairs.

Going to check, I realize that the shut off valve for the toilet that I took out yesterday only works about 99%, allowing 1% of water to bubble out the top and drip down to the floor. Apparently it was sufficient to cause enough damage to make me want to gouge my eyes out with a jagged piece of glass. Additionally, I can't quite figure out how to stop that 1% other than shutting water off to the house.

Why me?

Update: The tile guys didn't show up today as they ran behind with another project. Tam had a plumber come in to fix the valve to the tune of 100 bones. Awesome.

4 comments:

Kim said...

When I read the title I knew exactly where this was going.

My advice? Vodka. Lots of it.

Good luck!

Burnie said...

Plug the hole with something..ram a potato over the dripping part...

I hate working with water...:(

Tam's thoughts said...

Where's my dad when you need him? Oh ya In Sudbury. Let's move to Sudbury.

Anonymous said...

you know what Dave?- I think you inherited my luck!